Communications Associate & Designer
September 2017 —June 2018 | Chicago, IL
- Improved internal communications by creating a committee of involving key members from the board, office and retail staff and overseeing management.
- Improved external communications to volunteers and general audience by developing dedication newsletters to though audiences
- Developed systems to make social media posts more streamlined to fit the office’s capacity.
- Researched best marketing systems to fit the organization
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to create 2017 Annual report
- Designed assets for new programs, policies, and campaigns. Collaborated on
- Advised brand direction for the new online store and external media.
AmeriCorps Public Allies Chicago
Apprentice & Service Member
September 2017 — June 2018 | Chicago, IL
- Professionally trained in non-profits organization and management with a cohort of 50 members.
- Did capacity building with new skill set at an existing local organization in Chicago
- Used circle keeping training to improve the lives 8th grades in a trauma-informed mentor program.
- Designed Booklet for out “Meet The Allies” Networking Event
- Collaborated with Interns about email marketing design
- Recorded and Edited promo video of the 2017 Public Allies Cohort
About Face Theater
Interim Marketing Coordinator & Designer
March 2017 — April 2017 | Chicago, IL
- Created print and social media collateral for upcoming an upcoming play.
- Design print collateral, 5ft rockets, and VIP section assets for the organization’s space themed annual fundraiser.
Freelance Designer, Self-Employed
August 2016 — March 2017 | Chicago, IL
Worked with various small business clients on a wide range of work including logos, branding, web site design, and print design. Tasks included research, color theory/concept, sketching, layout, font layout/creation and final delivery of the project.
Japanese Culture Center Chicago
In House Graphic Designer
March 2016 — Dec 2017 | Chicago, IL
- Increased local foot traffic by creating consistent print collateral & digital designs for events and ongoing classes.
- Revised & updated business cards current logo typeface.
- Worked closely with the President, Director, and Administrative Leads to create better consistency in media assets for various programming and featured exhibits.
Death: Take 2 / Chasing The Blues “The Movie”
September 2016 — October 2016
- Did quick turn-a rounds of faux logos, graphics, signs, posters large decals and photo edits for on set assets.
- Collaborated with Art Director and Assistant Art Director for direction.
TransTech Social Enterprises
Graphic Designer & Program Coordinator
September 2014 — June 2016
- Developed, managed, and ran general programming with co-coordinator.
- Served as a peer coach to active members.
- Guided our professionally developed members into client based work by connecting them with our staff project manager.
- On boarded and Tracked members growth in the program through workshops & assessments.
- Created organizational structure to program by developing new policies and updating contracts.
- Served on client-based project as a Graphic Designer and Web Designer.
Affinity Community Services
October 2013 — October 2015
- Assisted Executive Director with various administrative tasks.
- Event runner for collaboration in 2014 Windy City Times first Homeless Youth Summit in Chicago.
- Attracted community members to various events with original designs of event flyers and graphics on social media.
- Had successful fundraising efforts by creating a video campaign for Giving Tuesday
- Kept community and constituents informed with frequent post updates on the main website and weekly e-newsletter.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Mixed Media Connecticut College, 2013
Skills & Applications
• Branding • Concept development • Computer illustration • Email Newsletters
• Adobe Creative Suite ( InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere) • Microsoft Office • WordPress • MailChimp • Constant Contact • Macintosh and PC friendly